Tuesday, May 15, 2012


We're on the road!

We had a late start due to problems with our home phone. We waited for a repairman until 10:30AM.  When we found out no one was available until the afternoon we decided to leave and hope they would be able to fix it without access to the inside of the house.  It was almost 5:30PM before they got it working so all my worries were for naught.
  
We pointed the truck east and  headed for Casa Grande for the night.  It was very hot crossing the desert... 109* and still over 100* when we arrived at the campground.  Both Missie & Bella (the dogs) and Ellie & Keeker (the cats) curled up and slept most of the trip.  Thankfully, they are really good travellers!

I'm not quite sure where are next stop will be... maybe Las Cruces, New Mexico.  We're heading for Brownsville, Texas to visit with my aunt and cousin that I lost touch with many years ago. I'm very excited to see them again.
Part of my Mother's Day bouquet.

My birthday present.


















I couldn't leave my flowers behind so they are now decorating the trailer.  Kurt, Kim, Syd & Jenna sent the flowers from Hawaii and Tim gave the orchid to me from my birthday. I have my fingers crossed that it will survive the trip.  The others are starting to fade already.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I wondered if some things was holding you guys up when I still saw your rig there when I left around 830! Glad they got your phone fixed without getting having to get into your house!!!

Terri said...

I wondered if some things was holding you guys up when I still saw your rig there when I left around 830! Glad they got your phone fixed without getting having to get into your house!!!
Sounds like a fun trip so far!!!