Thursday, May 24, 2012

Leaving tomorrow for New Orleans.

Lakeside RV Park
Our campsite

This has been a great campground, right on a lake, in Livingston, Louisiana about 30 miles east of Baton Rouge. We've spent a few days of much needed R & R after driving half way across the country.  If the temperature and humidity had been lower it would have been a perfect time but if you spend any time outside you start to melt... well, at least I do!!


I was having problems connecting to the Internet with my new iPad 3 so we went to a Verizon store for a new sim card and when that didn't work they sent us down to New Orleans to an Apple Store.  I'm not sure if I trust it to work correctly. I guess I'll find out when I use it on our trip down to New Orleans tomorrow.

Old oak tree

While we were at the Verizon store we saw this gigantic old oak tree next door and just had to take a picture of it. Some of the branches hung down so low that they appeared to be rooted in the ground...and maybe they were.

Once we get to New Orleans and set up camp we'll start exploring the area and plan on going on some Plantation tours among other things. More to follow...

1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful RV Park!!! PS: The fire down at Scissors Crossing is headed east.....mostly just open area out that way :O)