Thursday, May 17, 2012


 

Fort Stockton campground!  Yuck!
I'm not having a lot of success posting to the blog with this dang iPad but I'll give it a try anyway!

Yesterday we stopped for the night at a campground in Fort Stockton, Texas a little earlier than usual because we're on a stretch of road with a lot of empty country. Too bad this Passport America campground was so shabby... at least we had electric/water/sewer hookups!

There's not much between New Mexico & San Antonio. We're gonna see a lot of Texas before we head off to New Orleans! I do wish we could spend some time going down to Big Bend National Park as Fort Stockton is the gateway & I've always wanted to go there...maybe some other time. But now we're on schedule to be in Brownsville by Friday to visit my aunt & cousin that I haven't seen since about 1969.

 For those of you that would like to leave a comment to one of the posts you are able to do so without having a google account. It will show up as anonymous, so just include your name after you comment.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh my gosh you guys! Not exactly the Marriott, yeah? At least there were hook ups! LOL