Saturday, July 21, 2012

Palmyra, Maine July 10th–12th


We went from camping at a lake to a golf course! The weather continued to be perfect and this stop gave us some time to catch up on laundry before we entered New Brunswick, Canada.


We took one day to explore Bangor and the quilt shop there but my favorite, ‘Stitches’, was in Palmyra.  I immediately felt at home when I walked into the shop. The owner was gracious and showed me around as Jim took lots of pictures of the quilts that were hung all over the shop. She was in the middle of preparing for an all-state Shop Hop and quilt show.  Hoppers are given two weeks to visit all the shops in Maine and all I can say is OMG! 





The owner created a very versatile quilt pattern that can be made into everything from a quilt to a bell pull. Jim took several photos of the quilts made with the pattern and of course I had to buy one to try out when we get home.






Since we were in Maine I wanted to have a Maine lobster dinner and the restaurant ‘Anglers’ was recommended by everyone we asked.

Our waitress said that most Mainers ordered only the claws and knuckles but I was used to being served just the lobster tail. So when I ordered the boiled lobster the entire lobster was brought to the table. There it sat… tail cut in two pieces on the plate along with the claws.  The head and upper body were in a bowl placed so it watched me as I ate! I wasn’t thrilled with that but it didn’t deter me from my mission of eating a Maine lobster!

I should have listened to the waitress about ordering just the claws and knuckles.  They turned out to be the tenderest part of the lobster…but you had to work to get at the meat. Next time I will know better.




No comments: