Thursday, July 12, 2012

Harleysville, Pa.



On Friday, July 6th we arrived at the Homestead Campground located in Green Lane, Pa. just a few miles north of Harleysville, Pa. where my cousin Bill and his wife Beth live. His mother is my Aunt Mary Rose that Jim & I visited in Brownsville, Texas. 

Bill & I haven’t seen each other for over 40+ years and we spent a busy three days catching up on all those bygone years, touring the area and visiting with his son, Patrick and wife, Missy.

Beth is a quilter too, but unlike me she does everything by hand from piecing the quilt to quilting it.  Her work is beautiful and she’s won several awards.




Bill, Beth & I at Valley Forge
Valley Forge troop housing
















Rifle slits in fortress/barn
Bill's delicious BBQ chicken











Jim, Bill & me in front of Beth's quilt.

No comments: