Monday, June 25, 2007

Whitehorse, Yukon


Sergeant Preston of the Yukon is no where in sight but the saloon hall girls are!

We arrived early yesterday with the sun shining brightly, finally, and decided to spend a few days looking things over and getting the laundry done. After checking into the Pioneer RV CG we drove into the town to the visitor’s center. We learned about the Frantic Follies Vaudeville Revue and a good place to have dinner…. The Klondike Rib & Salmon B.B.Q. Both were great! We had the ribs.

We shared a table with a German couple from Frankfort who told us about the sights and weather on their way from Denali, Alaska. And then we were on to the Follies. It was a fun show and after it was over we ran into some of the cast, between shows, at the local Dairy Queen and promised we would advertise their show as we traveled up the road.

Today, under gloomy skies once again, we drove back into town to see if I could get my nails done but every shop I tried was completely booked. So I attempted to do them myself. Ugh! I sure hope I can find some place in Alaska to have them done. I was more successful getting the laundry done! I met a nice woman, former school principal, from Louisiana who planned to be traveling for 7 months. Wow! She and her husband had been at the Follies sitting a few rows behind us.

Tomorrow we’re leaving the trailer at the campground and driving down to Skagway. It’s supposed to be a 2 hour trip, one way. I hope the sun we saw yesterday returns and along with it some of the wildlife we saw in B.C.

1 comment:

West Coast Mom said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure. Hope the sun finds you. We still have June gloom here in So. Cal., and mild weather. Hugs, Barb