Saturday, May 26, 2007

Preparations have begun.

We started preparing for this three month adventure several months ago....

Do we have the proper clothing for all types of weather? No! So it was off to the mail order catalogs and stores while the sales of winter clothing were still in force. Now we're prepared for sunshine, rain, heat and cold! We have everything from hiking boots to sandals.

We stocked up on maps, travel guides, RV park directory (hard copy & computer version), "The Next Exit", and last but most important the 2007 Milepost. The Milepost is a must have guide to everything in Alaska, British Columbia, and the Yukon.

Our "Monty" is still in storage but we'll be bringing it home Monday, June 4th to start packing. Scheduled departure is Saturday, June 9th. to avoid weekday L.A. traffic.

I'll try to keep this blog updated as I have time and a WIFI connection.

10 comments:

Norma said...

Have a wonderfunl journey and create fantastic memories. Hugs

Ruth W said...

I'm happy to get your blog. Have a wonderful trip. by the way you haven't changed a bit since I've been gone from Escondido.

Patti said...

Hi Kathy,
I hope you and Jim have a wonderful, safe trip. I'll be looking forward to viewing your pictures and blog as you are able to post them. Also I'll look forward to hearing all about your adventures in Sept.
Patti

West Coast Mom said...

Hi Kathy & Jim,
What a great way to keep us informed. We hope you have a wonderful trip. We'll miss you, and look forward to lots of stories and pictures, either posted or when you return.
Hugs,
Chuck & Barb

nancyib said...

Kathy & Jim,
Have a wonderful vacation/trip in the most beautiful spot. Tell the 'kids' to be good and be safe.
Hugs
Nancy

Sharon Kasten said...

Hi Mom, so glad you are doing a travel diary! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures. I will forward the link to Dawn! love you, Sharon

Sharon Kasten said...

Hi Mom, I'm so glad you're doing a travel diary. Looking forward to reading about your adventures and keeping in touch this way. I have forwarded the link to Dawn. Lots of love, Sharon

Deborah said...

Well isn't this the coolest! I look forward to seeing the beautiful Northwest through your eyes. Enjoy yourselves and have a safe trip. Lots of love, Deborah

dawn said...

WOW you guys are going to have an incredible time!!! We are going to miss you, but I'm glad you're keeping a blog and I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your adventures. Love you lots!

tink terri said...

I hope this works and you get this.
Have fun stay safe, write often

Tink Terri